Monday, August 27, 2012

Grad School Started!

I finally started class last week. This is my first semester as a graduate student. I am pretty excited. I am very nervous though. What if I fail miserably or have a nervous breakdown? With some luck and hard work, I should be okay.

This would be a nightmare if I did not have the outpatient care I have. I get to see a therapist twice a month, where it is okay to whine and gripe about my fears and paranoia. I also have a steady stream of medicine that keeps me from having an episode.

Along with the treatment, I also have a supportive mother who is pleased that I am continuing my higher education. She allows me to live in her house rent free while I attend college. Without her, I would be a lost soul.

The professors are all familiar to me, as I had them as an undergraduate student. They are welcoming and friendly. I feel that I can talk to them if I don't understand something.

I am looking forward to this semester. I feel enthusiastic and hopeful about my future performance in the graduate program.

So, here I go. Into a Master's program---SkizzieLizzie finally goes to grad school! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

No spam or hate mail, please. Thanks for your interest!