Thursday, September 27, 2012

Grad School---coffee, zoloft, & Monster energy drinks



The one thing I have noticed is that I tend to gravitate towards liquid caffeine whenever I am feeling nervous. Isn't that reversed? Shouldn't I drink green, decaffeinated tea and listen to mellow sitar music? Instead, I play industrial electronica music, pop my zoloft (all 200 mg), and run out to get myself the following: a grande Starbucks iced coffee with a shot of espresso and creamer, followed shortly by a Monster lo-cal energy drink, followed by perhaps another large regular coffee, all the while walking around listening to hard-core, heart-pumping industrial beats. That's graduate school for you, I guess.

Barrista: "Hi what can I get for you today?"
Me: "A grande iced coffee with cream and a shot, please."
Barrista: "How many shots in that?"
Me: "What's the maximum number of shots allowed?"

Thanks for reading! More to come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

No spam or hate mail, please. Thanks for your interest!