Thursday, February 2, 2012

Shopping For Bras When Busty

Shopping for bras when busty is an expensive endeavor. You would think that the lack of cotton stuffing that makes your cup size look bigger would equal a cheaper price. But apparently not, the added features of push-up bras, padded bras and water bras do not come close in price to making a sturdy bra for larger breasted women. The latter is way more expensive to purchase, though they never have water or cotton padding, or any real push-up structure. 

I feel like talking about breasts today.

My breasts are a little heavier than the norm. Then again, I am heavier than the norm, coming in at 163 pounds and only 5' 1" or 5' 2". It only makes sense that my breasts would be heavier, as breasts are largely tissue and fat, and I have lots of both! 

Finding the right bra is like finding the right man---some don't fit right, some fit okay for a while, others you just try on and then never bother with them again....so it goes. Right now I am wearing a bra that just came in the mail. I ordered it on amazon dot com. It is a transparent, lace-trimmed Panache bra. I got this bra on sale and it still cost me over thirty bucks. It is a 34G. It fits well, in fact, I might be in love. I wore a 36F bra by Mio Destino to school today and I had a lot of cleavage. The day before I wore a 36FF bra and I still had a lot of cleavage. Sometimes, I wear a 36G bra and a 38DDD bra. The 38DDD bras are all too loose in the band and they do not support my breasts, so I quit wearing them. The 36G bra is great for total coverage, but it doesn't let me have any cleavage. 

Bras are so hard to figure out. Right now I really like the fit of the 34G bra---it is tight enough in the band to keep my posture correct and it fits snugly (without causing that unsightly bulging effect). Right now my measurements are 34.5 inches beneath the bust and 45 inches around the bust. That is about 10 inches, slightly more, of a difference, so you can imagine that my back gets sore if I am not properly supported. 

Yes, I know, some might feel that bras are a hold-over from antiquated times when women were kept in corsets and given love seats to faint onto, but try doing 2 minutes of jumping up and down for a judo class warm-up without a heavy duty sports bra and then tell me bras are a feminist issue. Lipstick, maybe. Bras, no way! Bras are like shoes for my boobs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No spam or hate mail, please. Thanks for your interest!