Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Skizzie Lizzie Goes to Grad School

Dear online diary,
I have been conditionally accepted into the Master's program at my University. The only catch is that I must complete all my degree requirements by Fall of this year. I just need to pass the 5 classes I am taking right now and 2 short-term classes at the end of May. Then, poof! Diploma.

Once my BA is posted I will be eligible for fellowships and grants for Fall 2012. I have already registered for 200 series classes! I am so thrilled to have earned this opportunity and thankful that my former professors were willing to write such positive letters of recommendation.

I am so psyched but nervous at the same time. This is what I want, though. I have always valued education. Plus, I feel like I should prove society wrong about the mentally ill and do something productive with my life.

I went to a grad fair last semester. The fair was for undergraduates who were thinking about applying to grad school. I went, just because it was free. I learned a lot about how graduate school is rigorous, tough, and worth it. It seems like just yesterday I was daydreaming about being a grad student. Now that day is one and half months away.

Well, this is it. Skizzie Lizzie is accepted into a Master's program. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No spam or hate mail, please. Thanks for your interest!