Sunday, June 3, 2012

Happy Pride Month/Comment on BBC Gaming Article

June is Pride Month. This would mean a lot more to me if women actually slept with me, but I can still love them from afar. Not that men aren't fun to sleep with, but I think my next boyfriend will be a woman.

Part of the problem of being a closet bisexual is that it is hard to get people to take me seriously. Some people seem to think bisexuals straddle some imaginary land of sexual choice, but we do not. It is not a choice. I do not choose who I am attracted to. I am not always attracted to just any guy, and likewise, I am not always attracted to any female. Contrary to what previous exes have thought, I can not be thrown into a bed with a random person and have a free-for-all. Emotions, intellect, and physical attraction all come into play, not just whether one is "straight" or "gay" or "half way on the continuum." This is why it is particularly bothersome when a guy tells me we should have a threesome, or that he knows this bi chick who would totally lay me. Thanks, no. My body does not work that way. For now, I will just keep myself busy with summer classes until my first semester of graduate school begins this fall. Hopefully, I can actually attend a meeting for the LGBT club on campus, not just sign up for the club and then not show up.

**************************************************************

I read this article on BBC and it made me depressed. I used to love Killzone when I was 22, back when PS2 was all I could afford. I never played online though, not after a bad experience at a male coworker's house. His roommate let me take the controller. He didn't tell me it was on "reverse controller" settings and I made a total ass out of myself in front of his online buddies. Thankfully, he was wearing the headset, not me, and the hateful comments were only alluded to when the roommate ripped the controller out of my hand while shouting obscenities at me.

Anyways, my XBOX 360 is not connected to the internet. It never will be. Especially after I read this article. Such hateful people game online! Notice in the article one sexual harasser states it is his first amendment right to tell a woman he hopes she gets raped. On youtube that would be flaming and you could get flagged and reprimanded. Online gaming communities, on the other hand, don't do shit. Note: if you violate somebody's constitutional right to "equality regardless of race, gender, class, sexual orientation, and/or disability" you are no longer protected under the first amendment. Indeed, threatening sexual assault is a crime, regardless if you are 100 miles away. Let us not forget that California law (among other states) says sexual harassment is a criminal act not protected under the constitution.

Anyways, I still love violent video games but I'll be damned if I will be playing online any time in the next 50 years.

Here is the link to the BBC article:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18280000

No comments:

Post a Comment

No spam or hate mail, please. Thanks for your interest!