Saturday, June 23, 2012

On the Border Between Graduate and Not



I am going into a graduate program in the fall, most likely. My student report states that I have met every requirement. Then, smack in the middle, there is this little statement that sent me into conniptions. “9 units of residence GE needed: 29 units of residence GE earned. Needs: 2 units.” WHAT? I saw an academic adviser who told me it was a misprint. He then sent me to the evaluations office. I went to the evaluations office where I was told that I would find out in July if I graduated or not. WHAT? I cannot wait that long! If I need another summer class, I need to know ASAP!



On the plus side, I have a lot of time to do nothing. Having been a full-time student taking over 12 units every semester (including during the summer time), this is the first time I have had the luxury of doing nothing. I have been listening to music I usually do not listen to, such as Nicki Minaj. I like her song, Beautiful Sinner. Some people on youtube say mean things about her and her music, but I like that she has variation to her voice. Sometimes it is soft and quavering, sometimes it is deep and punching. I have also been watching movies, painting, and spending quality time with my 91 year old grandmother. I am still a bundle of raw nerves, but at least I am able to sleep around 11 pm like I like to, rather than having to stay up until 3 am typing out home-work assignments or memorizing vocab in a foreign language. 

Thank you for reading. I plan on writing a couple of blog entries about my thoughts on mental health memoirs soon. So stay tuned! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No spam or hate mail, please. Thanks for your interest!