Friday, July 15, 2011

Crystal Renn, Plus Size Super Model

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to-1voUiqL0&feature=related

Here is a youtube snippet of the famous supermodel Crystal Renn talking about her life and her new book, Hungry, on Nightline. The stunning brunette was a size 0 model for some time, all the while miserable, her skin sallow and gray, her face placid and dulled from constant hunger, until something inside of her changed. She stopped destroying her health and her happiness and decided to be healthy, not just skinny.

It's women like these who amaze me. I used to be a size 2 at age 19, now a size 16 at age 28. I still have issues showing my present thick body to people from my past. I know they'll judge me as falling off some wagon or losing all control, but it was just a combination of life circumstance and weight gaining medications that caused me to increase in size. I am glad for it, as I can tell who believes the hype and who can think critically just by the way they size me up at first glance.

Watching Crystal Renn gives me confidence to wear a skirt. Yes, I have issues wearing skirts because of my thick thighs. I wore one today. Several men stopped their cars to ask me out. Another just wanted to know my name. Isn't it funny how I let myself be put into a box just because of people's ugly comments? For heaven's sake, it's 100 degrees in the Central Valley, I can't keep wearing jeans because I'm afraid of the way my thighs may look in a skirt!

This is me, changing. This is me, healing, one psychic wound at a time. Thank you, Crystal Renn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No spam or hate mail, please. Thanks for your interest!