Monday, January 7, 2013

Moody on 3 Kings Day

It has been a long winter break. The bleak weather has done nothing positive for my bleak moods. Plus, I got dumped. That's always a bummer. Alas, my boyfriend transferred to a new college and left me behind. I was comfortable with him. I liked him. Still, he never had a clue that I was schizo-affective or bisexual, but now that is all moot. I no longer have to worry about him finding my stash of nightly regime of pills, or the adult videos that I keep in my underwear drawer---perhaps it is for the best. He might have been repulsed by my mood stabilizers and my passionate love of women.

Now I am bored, single, and moody until classes begin later this month. Speaking of moods, I got a new android app that lets me chart my moods. I believe it is called "emoods." It is an app that allows the user to input the level of anxiety, depression, irritability, and excessive energy on a continuum. This allows the user to monitor their symptoms over the course of a week, even a month. It is an excellent tool for bipolars and I highly recommend it!

Earlier tonight, the 6th of January, my family and I celebrated dia de los reyes, a Mexican religious holiday. It means, "Three Kings Day." What the origins are is a total mystery to me. To me, dia de los reyes is the day where I get a present and a piece of 3 Kings cake that may or may not have a tiny plastic baby Jesus baked into the slice. Tradition decrees that whoever gets the slice of cake with the tiny plastic baby Jesus must buy the entire family tamales the following month.

Speaking of cake...I am getting midnight snack cravings. Maybe I'll go sneak into the kitchen and get a slice of 3 Kings cake....

No comments:

Post a Comment

No spam or hate mail, please. Thanks for your interest!